Washington University Climate Change Program (WUCCP)
The Washington University Climate Change Program, an interdisciplinary program working in collaboration with the Environmental Studies Program, the Office of Sustainability, and the International Center for Energy, Environment, and Sustainability (InCEES) is hiring a Climate Associate to advance the work of the Program.
The Climate Associate will work with the director, coordinator, and other climate associates to sharpen WU’s climate focus in community outreach and curriculum, including opportunities to plan the program’s Climate Conversation series and develop climate curricular guides.
The Associate will participate in the Energy, Environment, and Sustainability (EES) Internship professional development opportunities and will be exposed to a broad range of projects through the program as well as to other departments and research groups on campus.
This is a paid part-time semester long position with the potential to continue into the upcoming school year. Associates are expected to work between seven and ten hours per week. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis; the application deadline is Thursday, January 14th, 5pm CT.
- Basic knowledge of and passion for climate issues
- Self-motivated and able to work with limited supervision
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact professionally and confidently with University faculty and staff
- Strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency with MS Word and Excel
- Interest in communications and outreach
- Understanding or experience with WUSTL climate research initiatives and course offerings
- Experience in program management and event planning
- Experience in website maintenance, including WordPress
- Experience in event planning
- Knowledge of social media communication strategies